Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Bronchite!

This morning I got up at 8am and left to go find the doctor. I had directions, but it was still hard to find, maybe because it was one room on the bottom floor of an apartment complex. I was told the office opened at 9am, but the waiting room opened at 8:30am, and if I got there around then I wouldn't have to wait long. I walked in at 8:40 and there were already about 7 or 8 people in there. I didn't get to go in until past 11, and they were taking a lunch break 12-2 (one thing I definitely don't like about France), so I was worried I wasn't going to make it.

But I get in and find out I have bronchitis! Except the doctor didn't know how to say it in English so it took me a minute to figure out what he was saying. I'm just glad it's not a repeat of last year when I was in the hospital for two weeks with pneumonia. Well I guess the guy liked me, or liked getting a chance to practice his English, because he let me go free of charge. I stopped by the Pharmacie with my prescriptions, expecting it to be really expensive, but for my antibiotic, pain/fever reliever, and cough syrup, it only cost 12 euros!

So hopefully I'll be at least a little better before I leave Thursday for my 10-day escapade through Spain and Portugal.

What I've learned today: Doctors in France are very different from doctors in the United States. And if I have to go back, I will be there before 8:30, with a book or something to do for 3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment